Sunday September 3rd, 2023
Rules and Regulations
See also the General Rules and Regulations for all Exhibitor Classes.
- This will be a sanctioned show. Canadian Goat Society rules and standards apply.
- Animals must be on the grounds no later than 9:45 a.m. of the third day of the exhibition, the Sunday before Labour Day, for veterinary inspection. Goats which are not in good health will be disqualified by the veterinarian.
- Animals with horns will be disqualified.
- Milkers must be milked dry 12 hours before judging begins. Goats with hard udders (distended) may be disqualified.
- Judging will commence at 10:30 a.m. with Junior Showmanship.
- There will be no limit on the number of animals entered per class. Exhibitors are eligible for only 2 prizes per class.
- Any abuse, verbal or otherwise, of veterinary personnel, judge or show staff will result in an exhibitor being struck.
- Exhibitors are kindly asked to keep their livestock on the fairgrounds until fair closing.
57 - Alpine
58 - Lamancha
59 - Nubian
60 - Saanen
61 - Oberhasli
62 - Nigerian
63 - Recorded Grades
64 - All Other Purebreds
Prizes: 1st: $20, 2nd: $15, 3rd: $12, 4th: $10, 5th: $8, 6th: $7, 7th: $6, 8th: $5, 9th: $4, 10th: $2
Doeling – 3 to 6 months
Doeling – 7 to 12 months
Yearling – 13 to 24 months
First Freshener – under 24 months
Intermediate Milker – 2 to 4 years
Mature Milker – 4+ years
Grand Champion / Reserve Prizes: 1st: $25, 2nd: $15
BEST IN SHOW Prize: $50
Dam & Daughter Prize: $20
Best Udder Prize: $20
Educational Exhibit or activity at show area for public education of Dairy Goat farming, breeding, products etc. Prize: $20
50 - Showmanship
JUNIOR SHOWMANSHIP – up to and including 12 years of age
SENIOR SHOWMANSHIP – 13 to 18 years of age