Updated for 2019
Rules and Regulations
- This will be a sanctioned show. Canadian Goat Society rules and standards apply.
- Animals must be on the grounds no later than 9:45 a.m. for veterinary inspection. Goats which are not in good health will be disqualified by the veterinarian.
- Animals with horns will be disqualified.
- Milkers must be milked dry 12 hours before judging begins. Goats with hard udders (distended) may be disqualified.
- Judging will commence at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, September 1, 2019.
- There will be no limit on the number of animals entered per class. Exhibitors are eligible for only 2 prizes per class.
- Any abuse, verbal or otherwise, of veterinary personnel, judge or show staff will result in an exhibitor being struck.
- Exhibitors are kindly asked to keep their livestock on the fairgrounds until fair closing.
Dairy Goat Classes
Class 57 – Alpine
Class 58 – Lamancha
Class 59 – Nubian
Class 60 – Saanen
Class 61 – Recorded Grades
Class 62 – All Other Purebreds
Dairy Goat Sections
Prize money: 1st – $20, 2nd – $15, 3rd – $12, 4th – $10, 5th -$8, 6th – $7, 7th – $6, 8th – $5, 9th – $4, 10th – $2
- Doeling, 3-6 months
- Doeling, 7-12 months
- Yearling, 13-24 months
Freshner, under 24 months
- Intermediate milker, 2-4 years
- Mature milker, 4 years or older
Each class will have Grand and Reserve Grand Champions selected.
Grand Champion – $25
Reserve Grand Champion – $15
Best in Show – $50
Dairy Goat Specials – $20
- Dam & Daughter
- Best udder
- Educational Exhibit or activity at show area for public education of Dairy Goat farming, breeding, products etc.
Thank you Brethour Financial Services and Economy Wheels Nissan for sponsoring this show.