Rules and Regulations
- This will be a sanctioned show. Canadian Goat Society rules and standards apply.
- Exhibitors must be members of the Kinmount Agricultural Society. The membership fee is $12.00 and must accompany your entry
form,unless your fee was paid in the previous year. Membership pass allows exhibitor and one helper admittance to the grounds. Livestock trailers enter through Reid Street.
- Animals must be on the grounds no later than 9:45 a.m. for veterinary inspection. Goats which are not in good health will be disqualified by the veterinarian.
- Animals with horns will be disqualified.
- Milkers must be milked dry 12 hours before judging begins. Goats with hard udders (distended) may be disqualified.
- Judging will commence at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, September 2, 2018.
- There will be no limit on the number of animals entered per class. Exhibitors are eligible for only 2 prizes per class.
- Any abuse, verbal or otherwise, of veterinary personnel, judge or show staff will result in an exhibitor being struck.
- Exhibitors are kindly asked to keep their livestock on the fairgrounds until fair closing.
Dairy Goat Classes
Class 57 – Alpine
Class 58 – Lamancha
Class 59 – Nubian
Class 60 – Saanen
Class 61 – Recorded Grades
Class 62 – All Other Purebreds
Dairy Goat Sections
Prize money: 1st – $20, 2nd – $15, 3rd – $12, 4th – $10, 5th -$8, 6th – $7, 7th – $6, 8th – $5, 9th – $4, 10th – $2
- Doeling, 3-6 months
- Doeling, 7-12 months
- Yearling, 13-24 months
Freshner, under 24 months
- Intermediate milker, 2-4 years
- Mature milker, 4 years or older
Each class will have Grand and Reserve Grand Champions selected.
Grand Champion – $25
Reserve Grand Champion – $15
Best in Show – $50
Dairy Goat Specials – $20
- Dam & Daughter
- Best udder
- Educational Exhibit or activity at show area for public education of Dairy Goat farming, breeding, products etc.
Thank you Brethour Financial Services and Economy Wheels Nissan for sponsoring this show.