Saturday September 2nd, 2023
Rules and Regulations
See also the General Rules and Regulations for all Exhibitor Classes.
- All cattle must be on grounds by 8:30 a.m. of the second day of the exhibition, the Saturday before Labour Day.
- Beef cattle show under the regulations of the Federal Livestock Classification.
- Each exhibitor is allowed a maximum of ten (10) entries, excluding the Breeder’s Herd.
- Each exhibitor may show two (2) entries per section.
- If in the opinion of the Directors, sufficiently many animals of one breed are entered in Class 21 (Other Beef Breeds), those animals will be assigned their own class.
- A bonus of $5.00 per entry, up to a maximum of $50.00 per exhibitor, will be paid in the cattle classes (Classes 18-21 inclusive).
- Exhibitors must supply their own straw, no shavings.
- Calves to be judged according to age.
- All animals exhibited must have a suitable halter. Animals not under control shall not be allowed to compete.
Supreme Champion Male
Supreme Champion Female
Sponsored by Strath-Brae Farm
18 - Hereford
19 - Angus
20 - Simmental
21 - Other Beef Breeds
Prizes: 1st: $60, 2nd: $55, 3rd: $45, 4th: $35, 5th: $30, 6th: $25, 7th: $20, 8th: $17
Bull calf, Born on or after January 1st, 2023 minimum of six months of age on day of judging.
Bull yearling, Born April 1st, 2022 to December 31st, 2022
Bull yearling, Born January 1st, 2022 to March 31st, 2022
Bull, Born January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2022
Female calf, born on or after January 1st, 2023 minimum of six months of age on day of judging.
Heifer, Born April 1st, 2022 to December 31st, 2022
Heifer, Born January 1st, 2022 to March 31st, 2022
Female, Born January 1st, 2021 to December 31st, 2021 with her own 2023 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot (must be sho
Female, born prior to January 1st, 2021 with her own 2023 natural, purebred, tattooed calf at foot
(must be shown as a unit)
Breeder's Herd. A group of 4 animals, bred by exhibitor, both sexes represented, must be exhibited in previous classes.
At least one animal owned by exhibitor. One entry per exhibitor.
Grand Champion Male Prize: $25
Grand Champion Male - Reserve Prize: $20
Grand Champion Female Prize: $25
Grand Champion Female - Reserve Prize: $20
Rules for 4-H Cattle Show
Open to all 4-H members in the province of Ontario and will be judged on showmanship and conformation, open to any breed. All 4-H members must follow the 4-H dress code. Exhibitors must adhere to the 4-H rules and regulations, in addition to the rules and regulations for the senior division (see above).Please ensure the show secretaries have the proper address and membership number for 4-H exhibitors.
S - 4-H Cattle Show
Prizes: 1st: $30, 2nd: $25, 3rd: $20, 4th: $15
Peewee: 8 years of age and under
Novice: 9-11 years of age
Junior: 12-15 years of age
Intermediate: 16-21 years of age
Senior: 18-21 years of age
4-H Showmanship Special Prize: $5
Awarded to each exhibitor in the 4-H Cattle Show
Donated by Dr. Lois Batty
Cambray Veterinary Services
Bill Scott Award Prize: $20
Awarded to the 1st place exhibitor in each of the junior showmanship sections.