Rules and Regulations for all Exhibitor Classes
- None but members of the Society will be allowed to compete for prizes.
- Membership fee for 2019 will be $12 and includes a 1 day admission to the fair grounds. Livestock exhibitors are allowed one helper’s admission with their membership pass.
- In all articles of manufacture, grain, seeds and produce, no person shall enter in the same class more than one article of each kind, which must be their own manufacture or growth.
- All animals and articles must be bona fide property of the exhibitor, and all vegetables to be grown in 2019. All fruits, etc. must be correctly named on each exhibit.
- The judges shall have the power to decide whether the animal or article is worthy of a prize. Where there is little or no competition, the judges are to decide what prizes are warranted, if any, but cannot change entries from one class to another.
- Exhibit Hall entries will be accepted 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, August 28 and Thursday, August 29 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Judging of hall exhibits will commence at 2 p.m. Thursday. The Hall will be open for viewing by visitors Friday, Saturday & Sunday. The Exhibit Hall will close Sunday at 5 p.m. to prepare for removal of exhibits at 5:15 p.m. At this time, for security reasons, all exhibitors must present their membership card to prove their membership and allow entrance to the hall. One helper only is allowed. Exhibits may not be removed prior to this time. All exhibitors are responsible for picking up their goods in a timely fashion. The Exhibit Hall will close at 6 p.m.
- Livestock exhibits must be on the grounds by 8:30 a.m. of the second day of the exhibition, Saturday, August 31. No animal may be removed without special permission until close of show.
- Only entries in livestock classes may compete for more than one prize.
- Exhibitors of thoroughbred animals shall produce pedigrees to the satisfaction of judges or they will not be entitled to a prize.
- Calves to be judged according to age. Sheep must be unloaded.
- All animals exhibited must have a suitable halter. Animals not under control shall not be allowed to compete.
- Exhibitors showing only in Parade Classes must ensure that the Fair Board secretary has a record of your name and address.
- Limit two entries per section per membership for all saddle horses.
- The Society will not be responsible for any accident on the track or the grounds.
- No person shall be allowed to interfere with the judges.
- If any dispute occurs, the treasurer will hold premiums until dispute is settled.
- No premiums will be paid out on the day of the show. Membership for 2020 will be deducted from exhibitors taking in excess of $20.
- SPECIAL NOTE – Prize winners are requested to send a list of prizes claimed to the secretary no later than September 27.
- All exhibits shown at owner’s risk against loss or damage.
- No exhibitor or spectator shall be allowed to show disrespect or use abusive language to any official. Violators may be removed from the fair grounds.
- SPECIAL NOTE – The society will NOT retain 10% of prize money.
- A percentage only of prize money will be paid if directors consider the receipts insufficient to pay in full.
- The Society reserves the right to interpret its own rules and regulations. Should any dispute or question arise not provided for in these rules and regulations, the decision of the Board of Directors will be final.
- Parties violating any of these rules will be subject to expulsion from the Society and forfeit all prizes they may be entitled to.
Tips for Exhibit Hall Classes
- To avoid line-ups and delays, please make every effort to pre-register your exhibits with the fair board secretary by Wednesday, August 29. Forms should be mailed to: Kinmount Fair, 3174 Cty Rd 121, Burnt River, ON K0M 1C0
- Entry tags will not be mailed back for any entries received after Friday, August 23, 2019. These entries will be held for pick-up at the exhibit hall.
- The busiest time for receiving entries is Thursday between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Try to come in Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning to avoid delays and line-ups. Make sure your entry tags have your name on them before putting your exhibits on display!
- If you have difficulty determining the Class and/or Section numbers to use for your entries, don’t hesitate to consult with the exhibit hall staff. They are there to help make the process easier for everyone!
Entering Exhibit Hall Classes
Entries will be accepted from 8:00 am, August 1, 2019. Check back here to enter.